Always accepting applications
Education Facilitator Job Description
Experience offering excellent customer service and working with children is a must. An emphasis in early childhood is preferred. Candidate must be organized, outgoing and positive with strong problem solving skills. Must be CPR/First Aid certified or become certified shortly after hire.
- Provide exceptional customer service to every visitor
- Responsible for opening, closing, and daily operations of museum according to Admissions Training Manual guidelines
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and functionality of visitor services area, adjoining hallways/restrooms, and exhibits
- Deliver museum programming using established lesson plans/curriculum
- Ensure visitors achieve educational outcomes thru exhibit interaction
- Educate museum visitors on programs, events, and opportunities
- Assist co-workers, volunteers and interns as needed
- Maintain a positive, upbeat, team player attitude.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs as well as work with various cleaning chemicals
- Other duties as assigned
- Starting wage is $8.50 per hour
- Must be available to work 7-15 hours per week with most of those hours being on Saturdays and Sundays. Every other weekend is required.